So, what exactly is business analysis, anyway?
“Business analysis is the set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies and operations of an organization, and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve it’s goals.” (A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK), p. 223.
Some immediate benefits of business analysis:
- Organizations will improve performance with increased likelihood of accomplishing the business strategy and more effective communication and collaboration among stakeholders
- Implementing a center of excellence (COE) leads to enhanced reuse of processes and lessons learned
- Organizations improve the chances for success by effective management of time, cost and scope and improved flexibility to respond to project complexity
Best Practices in Business Analysis:
1. Identify the problem or opportunity
2. Determine where the problem or opportunity occurs
3. Determine why the problem or opportunity occurs
4. Determine who is involved
5 .Justify process changes
6. Manage the analysis process
Requirements management and development, which is the essence of business analysis, is crucial to successful project delivery and organizational change. This increasingly vital function requires you to elicit justifiable, verifiable and traceable requirements and manage them through the entire requirements process.
CPS’ business analysis courses go beyond the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) by integrating key principles and practices that you can apply directly to your job. With our courses, you’ll be ready to create the well-defined, accurate requirements that will ultimately lead to the right solution for your organization.
Our Successful Business Analysis Process:
These BABOK knowledge areas define what a business analyst needs to know to be successful:
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Requirements Management and Communication
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Underlying Competencies
From strategic enterprise analysis to tactical operations, our business analysis courses approach business opportunities and challenges from a requirements perspective. You’ll gain the skills needed to understand stakeholder needs through elicitation, facilitation and analysis, giving you the skills to communicate, trace and validate requirements.
Listed below are the current business analysis courses that we offer:
Please Keep Checking Back for Further Updates!
CPS’ business is expanding (Yippee!)…So, our website is being updated …Please keep checking back for continuous updates throughout!
Note 1: Currently, course descriptions and outlines are only available for the Foundations of Business Analysis, How to Gather and Document User Requirements, Process Modeling Mgmt. and Facilitation Techniques for Requirements Development courses via this website. Please call CPS if you would like this information for any other course via fax, email or U.S. mail.
Note 2: Additional scheduled dates and registration information may be acquired by calling us.
Note 3: Companies…call us at (248) 352-9917 to learn about how to take advantage of significant discounts for on-site training and GSA pricing.