Business Process Improvement / Redesign Workshop
Given the current economic climate, our Business Process Improvement / Redesign workshops and classes are a must have for any organization seeking to improve their core business processes. Some of the typical reasons for conducting a business process improvement session might be:
- Innovation – organizations who wish to stay on top and continue to be considered “best-in-class”
- Reorganization - major changes in workforce and / or core processes
- Strategic Enterprise Analysis- significant changes in business strategy / goals
- Mergers and Acquisitions – having to adjust core processes and strategy
- Downsizing- having to do more with less
- Survival – just trying to ‘stay alive’!
How can we help? We can teach you all about Process Improvement and its benefits in this very popular class: Note: we recommend this class to acquaint you with business process concepts and practices, prior to the actual workshop.
Process Modeling Management Class
– this 3 day class provides everything you need from understanding key concepts and techniques to providing you with a step-by-step approach to conducting process analysis, modeling, redesign and improvement
How else can we help? CPS’ expert consultants can facilitate our most productive workshop:
- Process Improvement Workshop – this workshop (varying from 1 day to 5 days) can provide immediate benefits. A summary of key activities are:
- Assessing your business problems / needs
- Selecting a process to be improved
- Making the business case
- Establishing the vision, scope and objectives
- Creating a Process Improvement Project Plan
Conducting the session (process mapping, documenting the AS-IS, analyzing, brainstorming, problem-solving, root-cause analysis, Gap Analysis, designing the TO-BE )
- Developing an Action / Implementation Plan
Note: Call us for a more detailed description of the workshop outline, documentation and output.
Strategic Planning Workshop
Simply put, strategic planning determines where an organization is going over the next year or so, how it’s going to get there, the approach it will take and how it will know if it got there or not. The focus of the strategic plan is usually on the entire organization, and not just a particular product or service.
Strategic Planning…Why Should You Care?
Development of the strategic plan greatly helps to clarify the organization’s plans and ensures that key leaders are all on the same page. It is an organizations process of defining its strategy or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy.
Strategic planning serves a variety of purposes in an organization, including to:
1. Clearly define the purpose of the organization and to establish realistic goals and objectives consistent with that mission in a defined time frame within the organization’s capacity for implementation.
Communicate those goals and objectives to the organization’s constituents.
Develop a sense of ownership of the plan.
Ensure the most effective use is made of the organization’s resources by focusing the resources on the key priorities.
Provide a base from which progress can be measured and establish a mechanism for informed change when needed.
Strategic planning provides many other benefits to your organizations:
6. Provides a clearer focus of an organization, producing more efficiency and effectiveness
7. Builds bridges between employees, staff, management, others
Builds strong teams, promoting the value of teamwork
Provides the glue that keeps the teams / company together
Produces great satisfaction among planners around a common vision
Increases productivity from increased efficiency and effectiveness
Assist in problem solving
How Can CPS Assist With Strategic Planning at Your Organization?
We can design and conduct a productive session that delivers the following:
- Pre-session activities: interviews and meetings to help you understand your organization, business processes, vision, goals and objectives; also, your process inputs and outputs, customers, suppliers and other key players
- An outline of our approach to your strategic planning session
- A successfully facilitated session (see sample below)
- A professionally developed and documented strategic plan, (including the environmental scan, scope, governance, values, mission, vision, SWOT analysis, goals, strategies, etc.)
SAMPLE FORMAT FOR A STRATEGIC PLAN
II. The Environmental Scan
III. Organizational Values, Vision and Mission
IV. Goals, Planned Accomplishment and Strategies
V. Monitoring and Review
VI. Annual Plan (may be prepared separately)
A. Environmental Scan Data
Other Supporting Information